3.12.2005

Evil Dishwasher...

OK, so I live alone in an apartment in the middle-of-nowhere Oklahoma....well, not entirely true, I do have a dog. She's about 11 years old and is a pretty cool dog. Starting about two years ago, she began to exhibit fears of looming thunderstorms. Now, in my family, we have had many-a-dog, and lots of them were afraid of thunderstorms. It was odd though because she would only be afraid of them sporadically. Some storms really scared, other storms, "who gives a crap...gimme a treat!". Well, fast-forward about a year, and she could care less about thunderstorms, but if the power goes out... it's time to freak out! Without fail, every time, the world is going to end! Very strange, I know. This odd behavior has now evolved into a deathly fear of the dishwasher. For 11 years, I have done a pretty good job of keeping my dishes clean via a dishwasher (hand washing is just too much work for a lazy individual like myself!). Never, ever, has my dog given two thoughts about the dishwasher. Well, when I moved into this apartment (which sucks after living in a fairly nice 3 bedroom house with a yard...) whenever I feel the need to eat off of clean dishes, yep, you guessed it, I run the dishwasher...And yes, my dog thinks the world is going to end. I can't get six inches from her without her crawling in my lap in an absolute shivering panic. I feel bad for her, but I like my clean dishes. What is a guy to do??? Wash the dishes by hand (way too much work), eat off of dirty dishes (that borders being too "bachelor like" even for me), Use the dishwasher anyway and hope it doesn't give my dog a coronary (seems cruel, and I'd feel bad for a really, really, severely long time)? I am not sure. Perhaps the econo-pack of 10,000 styrofoam plates from Sam's is the answer... I just don't know....what a debacle (I just love when the press uses that word during the election season). Any suggestions would be fabulous...Yes, I am just as strange as my dog is, so you don't have to ask!

1 Comments:

Anonymous James Statard said...

Dude... your dog is whacked out...even though quite entertaining... hope to hear other whacked out stories from Oklahoma...

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home